Home | About Us | Directions| Calendar | Prayer | Gallery | News

Thursday, July 15, 2010

News and Notes

Dear Parish Family,

I write this from the beautiful retreat center here in Dalton, PA, north of Scranton. If you are unfamiliar with the area –think mountains!

I have spent the week here at an iconography retreat. I have spent he week looking at the face of Jesus. The process of creating an icon begins, continues and is ended in prayer. This is not about creating a beautiful piece of art, but about discovering Jesus and more about myself in the process of creating the icon. I plan to preach on the Colossians passage listed below, and you will hear about the process of creating an icon, and the process of creating a life steeped in Jesus himself. (Yes, I will have the icon at church!) You won't want to miss it. The thunderous thought of the message this Sunday is that Jesus is the one we worship.

The readings for Sunday include Genesis 18:1-10a, Psalm 15, Colossians 1:18-25, and Luke 10:38-42.

Everybody's worshipping something – come worship the Risen Lord with us this Sunday!

Blessings,

Becki+


--
Rev. Becki Neumann+
Rector, South Riding Anglican Church
Office 703-961-1983
Cell 240-217-4370
Home 717-762-0924

"When it's all been said and done; there is just one thing that matters. Did I do my best to live for truth, did I live my life for You?"

No comments: