Home | About Us | Directions| Calendar | Prayer | Gallery | News

Saturday, October 30, 2010

SRCA NEWS AND NOTES

 
Sunday's Bible readings include:
Isaiah 1:10-18, Psalm 32:1-8; 2 Thessalonians 1:1-4, 11-12; and Luke 19:1-10.

 

Dear Family in Christ,

 

I have just returned from a week away assisting in the leadership of a year long course in advanced inner healing ministry. I've been privileged to teach with this course for the past five years. Every time I work with this ministry I see the power of God at work up close and personal as people are restored and set free.

 

In today's gospel reading we hear of Zacchaeus the tax collector. Zacchaeus doesn't yet know the Lord. He is a man with a past, and his past isn't pretty. He is cheat, a thief, a sinner; but he is curious about Jesus. He wants to see the man and to hear him speak. Jesus sees his receptiveness ot he good news he bears, and invites himself to dinner.

 

At the end of the dinner Jesus makes the great proclamation, "Today salvation has come to this house… for the Son of Man came to seek and save the lost."

 

Salvation means more than pie in the sky by and by… salvation means that we have moved into the kingdom of Light, God's kingdom. During this past week I have seen people healed in ways that helps them experience more fully the joy of being a part of the Kingdom of God. Thanks be to God that  he wants todo that for each one of us!

 

I look forward to worshipping with you tomorrow as we celebrate the goodness of God.

 

Faithfully, Becki+

 
The Rev. Becki Neumann+
Rector, South Riding Church, Anglican
Office 703-961-1983
Cell 240-217-4370
Home 717-762-0924

"When it's all been said and done; there is just one thing that matters.
Did I do my best to live for truth, did I live my life for you?"

No comments: