Home | About Us | Directions| Calendar | Prayer | Gallery | News

Friday, October 22, 2010

SRCA NEWS AND NOTES

 
Dear Parish Family,
 
I am praying for you all as you gather this morning for worship. Please pray for me as I head off to North Carolina to teach and mentor a group starting off in a year long process of being trained to minister in the areas of inner healing and deliverance ministry.

 Please welcome again the Reverend Pamela Meeks, who will be celebrating Eucharist and opening God's word with you all. She is drawing on the following scripture for today's message: Joel 2:3-32, Psalm 65, Revelation 6:12-17, and John 7:37-39.

I draw to your attention two up and coming projects / events in our parish. Operation Christmas Child is nearly upon us. Remember those 32 shoe boxes for third world children we filled last year? I understand that was the largest number to date that we, as a congregation, have filled. My challenge to all of us this year is to double the number to 70 boxes (though I am secretly praying we can fill 100 boxes). Begin now skipping those Starbucks drinks and saving that money to fill an extra box or two! Look for our older youth to begin asking for donations in the near future.The second event is our children's Christmas pageant (yes, I know it is only October). Look for information to come home in a week or two regarding commitment and rehearsals. Rehearsals begin in about a month.

Parents, children and youth, On Sunday, October 31st we will recognize each child or youth who has turned in a form indicating they have served or helped someone. Please remember to get those forms turned in!

I rejoice with you all this day at what the Lord is doing in our midst!

Blessings,

Becki+

 
The Rev. Becki Neumann+
Rector, South Riding Church, Anglican
Office 703-961-1983
Cell 240-217-4370
Home 717-762-0924

"When it's all been said and done; there is just one thing that matters.
Did I do my best to live for truth, did I live my life for you?"

No comments: