Home | About Us | Directions| Calendar | Prayer | Gallery | News

Friday, September 24, 2010

SRCA News and nots

Dear Parish Family,

Our life together offers many opportunities for deepening our relationship with Jesus. In addition to weekly worship and prayer, there are a number of small group opportunities available to us. As we currently have no Sunday morning adult education or small group offerings (this will change as we grow together!), our meeting together during the week for deeper feeding becomes vitally important. As your rector I am committed to multiplying the number of groups meeting, and to encouraging each and every adult and youth in the parish to become a part of one! If you have not joined a small group, please consider this your personal invitation. If there is no group that meets your needs (be it scheduling or topic) would you please bring that to me so I might work toward rectifying that? I am convicted that if I am to live into God's call on my life as priest, I must put tremendous energy into "presenting everyone mature in Christ." (Col. 1:28).

Our readings for Sunday include Amos 6:1a, 4-7; Psalm 146,; 1 Timothy 6:6-20, and Luke 16:19-31. Paul begins and ends his letter to Timothy with an admonition against false teachers. The only way to know true teachers from false is to be deeply committed to learning truth. God's Word is truth. Let's commit to coming together to be as iron sharpening iron, so that we each might stand firm in the truth and light of Jesus. See you Sunday.

Blessings,

Becki+

--
Rev. Becki Neumann+
Rector, South Riding Anglican Church
Office 703-961-1983
Cell 240-217-4370
Home 717-762-0924

"When it's all been said and done; there is just one thing that matters. Did I do my best to live for truth, did I live my life for You?"

No comments: