Home | About Us | Directions| Calendar | Prayer | Gallery | News

Friday, February 4, 2011

SRCA NEWS AND NOTES

Dear Parish Family,

This Sunday we will welcome my two dear sisters in Christ, Mercia and Sophie, from Accra, Ghana, to our worship.  They are some of our mission partners working with Ghanaian Mother's Hope. They worship at St. Andrew's Anglican church in Accra when they are home. This is Sophie's first trip to the U.S. Please welcome them as Christ welcomes us! 

On Sunday we will celebrate the fifth Sunday after the Epiphany. Our readings will include Isaiah 58:1-12, Psalm 112, 1 Corinthians 2:1-16, and Matthew 5:13-20. We are indeed called to be salt and light.

As I read the Isaiah passage, I was reminded an incident in the summer of 2001. That summer, I was busy running a summer church camp and working on my long-term project for a course in inner healing ministry. The Lord, in his infinite care and wisdom, sent me an intercessor from South Africa – over 9,000 miles away. How she came to camp has God's fingerprints all over the story! Toward the end of her time with us, she came to me with a prophetic word, a bit of scripture that the Lord directed her to give to me. That scripture comes from Isaiah 58. I am reminded again of God's call on me, and most certainly on us to live into it. It says: "And your ancient ruins shall be rebuilt; you shall raise up the foundations of many generations; you shall be called the repairer of the breach, the restorer of streets to dwell in."

As we pray for God to draw people to himself, and as we "SALT" we are engaging in the work described by Isaiah. We are called to be part of the work of reconciling the world to the loving God who brought it forth. Thanks be to God for the opportunity to worship together, and to be included in his work.

From one repairer to another,

Becki+

--
Rev. Becki Neumann+
Rector, South Riding Anglican Church
Office 703-961-1983
Cell 240-217-4370
Home 717-762-0924

"When it's all been said and done; there is just one thing that matters. Did I do my best to live for truth, did I live my life for You?"

No comments: